When a team as hot as the Stanford Cardinal comes rolling through town an opposing fan's first inclination is to start worrying about the outcome of the game. The Washington State Cougars have been chugging along until this point, though they'll face maybe their toughest competition of the season this coming Saturday in Heisman hopeful Andrew Luck and the No. 7 Cardinal. But never fret Coug fans, the glass is always half full.
Mark Sandritter over at Coug Center highlighted a few positive things that WSU fans can harp on before their homecoming meeting with the Pac-12 North leaders:
- In 2009, Jared Karstetter caught three passes for 91 yards against Stanford. His only YPC average over 20.0 with at least three catches!
- Marquess Wilson's second highest receiving total came vs Stanford last season. And now he's even better!
- In four of his 30 career games, Andrew Luck has completed less than 50 percent of his passes and one of them was vs WSU in 2009!
- Dating back to last season, WSU is currently on a 14-0 scoring run vs Stanford. Surely that momentum will carry over!
Here are a few other things to keep in mind as well:
- QB Jeff Tuel is back from his broken clavicle, though he may not get to start still (sorry for the teaser).
- It's WSU's homecoming, get out there and support your school!