Although the Oregon Ducks have already earned their ticket to the Rose Bowl with Friday's victory over the UCLA Bruins, the Washington Huskies are still waiting to find out which bowl game they'll be attending.
They won't have to wait much longer, as the bowl game pairings will be announced on ESPN at 6 p.m. EST on Sunday evening.
The Pac-12 bowl partners will make their selections in the following order:
- Valero Alamo Bowl (vs. Big 12, December 29 in San Antonio)
- Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl (vs. Big 12, December 28 in San Diego)
- Hyundai Sun Bowl (vs. ACC, December 31 in El Paso)
- MAAACO Las Vegas Bowl (vs. Mountain West, December 22 in Las Vegas)
- Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl (vs. at-large team, December 31 in San Francisco)
- Gildan New Mexico Bowl (vs. Mountain West, December 17 in Albuquerque)
Since the Ducks are headed straight for the Rose Bowl and the Stanford Cardinal are likely to pick up an at-large pairing and slot themselves into the Fiesta Bowl, that leaves the Huskies sitting in the catbird seat as far as bowl eligible Pac-12 teams go.
Three Pac-12 teams finished with a 7-5 season record in 2011. However, the other two 7-5 teams are Cal and Utah, both of which were defeated by Washington over the course of the season. That would indicate that the Huskies would be the choice for the top pick among Pac-12 pairings, which would result in them heading to the Valero Alamo Bowl, likely to take on Oklahoma.
To keep up to date with all news and information regarding Washington, please visit UW Dawg Pound. Click here to be taken to the 2011 College Football Bowl Schedule.