The Seattle Seahawks have made their final roster cuts from training camp, letting go of a total of twenty players to cut the team down to 53 men. The 'hawks also made some injury moves to clear up some extra space after placing tight end John Carlson, wide receiver Isaiah Stanback and defensive lineman Jimmy Wilkerson on injured reserve. Carlson's torn labrum occured during practice in the middle of August, while Stanback's hamstring and Wilkerson's knee injury have placed them on the sidelines as well. Wide receiver Deon Butler (leg), cornerback Roy Lewis (knee) and tight end Cameron Morrah (toe) will be on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) to begin the season.
Players Cut By Position:
- FB Dorson Boyce
- WR Chris Carter, Owen Spencer, Ricardo Lockette, Patrick Williams
- RB Thomas Clayton, Vai Taua
- DT Colin Cole
- CB Kennard Cox
- G Paul Fanaika
- DL Maurice Fountain
- OL Mike Gibson, William Robinson
- DE Pierce Allen, David Howard, A.J. Schable
- LB Michael Johnson, Jameson Konz, Mike Morgan
- S Mark LeGree, Josh Pinkard.
For more on the Seahawks, head over to Field Gulls.