The Seattle Seahawks aren't going to risk too many injuries to their key players before the regular season starts, so it makes sense that they would rest as many bodies as possible. Here's the bullet point summary courtesy of 950 KJR.
- No Beast Mode Saturday night. Marshawn Lynch is out with a sore ankle that's kept him out of practice.
- Linebacker David Hawthorne is out with knee issues. KJ Wright will start at middle linebacker.
- Tight end John Carlson has shoulder issues.
- Safety Kam Chancellor is also out with a "soft-tissue" foot injury. Massage anyone?
- Players that'll get their first chance at action: Wide receiver Ben Obomanu, defensive end Chris Clemons, and cornerback Walter Thurmond, all who are recovering from injuries.
- Linebackers Leroy Hill and Aarron Curry also both practiced and are expected to play.
- Players who won't be playing up through the start of the regular season: defensive tackle Colin Cole, cornerback Roy Lewis, wide receiver Deon Butler, tight end Cameron Morrah.
Same old stuff. I'm sure when the regular season starts, 95% of these guys will be taking the field in some capacity, or they'll be cut and playing Madden.
For more on Seahawks football, Field Gulls is where you should go.