clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Sidney Rice passes concussion protocol, cleared to play Sunday

Seattle Seahawks receiver Sidney Rice practiced on Wednesday after passing concussion tests.

Jonathan Daniel

After taking a hard hit to the head on his game-winning touchdown catch against the Chicago Bears on Sunday, Seattle Seahawks receiver Sidney Rice cleared concussion tests and was practicing with the team Wednesday, according to MyNorthwest.com.

The news means Rice should be able to go this Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals.

Head coach Pete Carroll told reporters following the overtime victory against the Bears that Rice would undergo the usual concussion tests as a precaution. He was limited in practice on Wednesday, but Carroll told reporters that Rice would be a full participant on Thursday.

Rice, the 26-year-old receiver in his sixth NFL season, caught the 13-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Russell Wilson in overtime, but Chicago safety Major Wright's shoulder pad connected with his helmet. The Seahawks receiver stayed on the ground for a few moments as medical personnel gave him a look, but he maintained that it was only precautionary.

Rice sustained two concussions last year, the second of which put him on the injured reserve list.

He had six catches for 99 yards in the win and has 43 receptions for 623 yards and seven touchdowns this season.