The signature event in the track and field event on Thursday night will be the men's 200 meter final. Usain Bolt will go for the rare one-two sweep of the 100 meters and the 200 meters for the second straight Olympics, with his Jamacian compatriot Yohan Blake likely to be the main competition for the rare feat.
The highlights for the Pacific Northwest will be happening on the same track, as Ashton Eaton goes for gold in a decathlon. Eaton won three of his five events and came close to winning another, and has a huge lead going into Day 2. It will require a mammoth effort from the other contenders to get back into the race, or Eaton screwing up in one of the next few events, but the world record holder has plenty of reason to feel confident in his chances.
Additionally, Nick Symmonds will contend for a medal the 800 meter final.
Here's a full schedule of events for Thursday's action. All times ET. All events are streamed on NBCOlympics.com.
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Women's Soccer: Bronze Medal Game (8 a.m.)
- Synchronized Swimming: Team Qualifying (10 a.m.)
- Women's Wrestling: Qualifying, Repechages, Gold Medal Finals (55 kg and 72 kg classes. 10:45 a.m., 2 p.m., 5 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Women's Soccer: Gold Medal Match (2:30 p.m.)
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Equestrian: Individual Dressage Final (9 a.m.)
- Men's Field Hockey: Semifinal (11 a.m.)
- Women's Handball: Semifinal (Noon)
- Taekwondo: Semifinals or Finals (1:30 p.m.)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinals (2:30 p.m.)
- Women's Basketball: Semifinal (4 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Women's Volleyball: Semifinal (10 a.m.)
- Swimming: Women's 10KM Marathon (11:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m.)
- Track & Field: Qualifying Heats (Noon)
- Canoe/Kayak: Sprint Discipline Finals (1 p.m.)
- Women's Water Polo: Bronze Medal Match (1:30 p.m.), Gold Medal Match (3 p.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Bronze Medal Match (4 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Women's Boxing: Gold Medal Bouts (flyweight, lightweight and middleweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Track & Field: Gold Medal Finals (decathlon, Men's triple jump, 200m, 800m)
- Women's Diving: Platform Gold Medal Final
- Men's Beach Volleyball: Gold Medal Final
- Cycling: Men's BMX Quarterfinals
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Rhythmic Gymnastics: Qualifying
- Track & Field: Women's Javelin Gold Medal Final
Stick with the SB Nation Seattle StoryStream for more coverage of local athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. For more on the 2012 Olympic Games, make sure that you check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.