The 2012 Belmont Stakes once had the billing of potentially seeing the first Triple Crown winner in 30+ years, but that is no longer the case with I'll Have Another scratched due to swelling in his legs. While the excitement level will not be quite as high this weekend, we still have a very strong field in the running for the large purse.
Here are the updated odds for the running of the Belmont Stakes.
1. Street Life (Jose Lezcano, 12-1)
2. Unstoppable U (Junior Alvarado, 30-1)
3. Union Rags (John Velazquez, 6-1)
4. Atigun (Julien Leparoux, 30-1)
5. Dullahan (Javier Castellano, 5-1)
6. Ravelo's Boy (Alex Solis, 50-1)
7. Five Sixteen (Rosie Napravnik, 50-1)
8. Guyana Star Dweej (Kent Desormeaux, 50-1)
9. Paynter (Mike Smith, 8-1)
10. Optimizer (Corey Nakatani, 20-1)
I'll Have Another (Mario Gutierrez, 4-5) SCRATCHED
11. My Adonis (Ramon Dominguez, 20-1)
The post time for the race is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. PST.
For all of the latest news, updates and late-breaking stories from the Belmont Stakes and all of horse racing in general, make sure to visit SB Nation's horse racing blog, And Down The Stretch They Come.