Seattle Mariners 12, Arizona Diamondbacks 9 [box]: Ichiro went 4-for-5 including a leadoff hit in the first inning, making him the fourth fastest player to reach 2,500 career hits. He also hit two doubles and drove in two runs — more off days for Ichiro, Eric Wedge! Casper Wells broke the 9-9 tie at the top of the tenth inning with a base hit into center field that scored two runs. Next game: Wednesday, Mariners (30-40) vs. Arizona (33-35), 12:40 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 12.5 games back.
Read more Seattle spors news and links after the jump.
- Danny Hultzen and Nick Franklin will join the Tacoma Rainiers according to the Tacoma News Tribune. It might be worth a trip down to Tacoma to see these future star players in action. Or you could wait until the pair hits the majors. Either way, the future of these two players playing in Mariners uniform is exciting.
- Jeff Sullivan reminds us of the 2001 Mariners and the 2003 Detroit Tigers.
- Jay Yencich from USS Mariner previews the Pulaski Mariners, the Mariners organization affiliate in the Appalachian League. Dave Cameron ponders whether the Mariners should cut Ichiro's playing time or not.
- Brandon League's trade value has plummeted according to Lookout Landing.
- Bellevue Linebacker Myles Jack will make his college decision on Wednesday afternoon. His final four schools are Washington, California, UCLA and Georgia Tech.
- Jamal Crawford promotes next weekend's NBA charity game at Hoopfest in Spokane to benefit the A PLUS Youth Program. Q13 Fox has the interview.
- Let me know if this video brings you delight (h/t Prep Rally):
I hate Miami.wmv (via 0323finney)