Sounders FC 2, Galaxy 0: [box] Fredy Montero highlighted the Sounders' win over their rivals, the Los Angeles Galaxy on Wednesday night. Montero's 35-yard strike in the early second half extended Seattle's lead and was jaw-dropping (watch the video here). Wednesday's victory over the Galaxy was the Sounders' first win against L.A. in six matches. Sounder at Heart provides the postgame analysis. Next match: Saturday, May 5th--Seattle (5-1-1) vs. Philadelphia (2-4-1), 1:30 p.m. PT, NBCSN
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
I would take the rosebowl over the Heisman any day of the week!!!— Keith Price (@17baller) May 3, 2012
- Mariners 4, Tampa Bay 5 [box]: A few thoughts. I'm enjoying the completely random breakouts of two-home run games — see Saunders a couple of days ago, and Alex Liddi on Wednesday night —but when will this ever be enough? Why is it so difficult to win? Do we give Figgins one more month and then pull the plug on him? Lookout Landing has the postgame analysis. Next game: Seattle (11-15) vs. Tampa Bay (17-8), 10:10 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 6.5 games back.
- Dave Cameron from USS Mariner explains Brendan Ryan's value to Mariners fans.
- Steve Kelley asks David Stern to force the Maloofs to sell the Sacramento Kings. My favorite lines are in the final two grafs. Believe big.
- Gonzaga fans need to learn how to pronounce Przemek Karnowski. The seven-foot polish basketball recruit will be suiting up for the Zags this coming fall. Some say he has McDonald's All-American potential — weird, he's Polish and he probably hates McDonald's. I kid. The Slipper Still Fits gives us their thoughts.
- Lanesha Reagan, a Snohomish Volleyball player was named one of the top sophomores by prepvolleyball.com. Read more about it at the Everett Herald.
Husky Shaq Thompson Virtual Highlights (via UWAthletics)