The Huskies failed to upset No. 1 Cal in the Super Regional in Berkeley, Calif. on Sunday evening. Entering Pac-12 play ranked No. 3 in the nation, the Huskies compiled a dismal 7-16 record, losing their final seven games of their regular season and finishing second to last in the conference standings. Nevertheless, the Huskies appeared in its 19th straight postseason appearance, earning a No. 16 overall seed. The team only loses four seniors, and the amount of youth on the roster promises for another competitive season next year. Read postgame quotes from the loss to No. 1 Cal at GoHuskies.com
Read more Seattle sports news and links after the jump.
Tweet of the Weekend:
- Mariners 2, Angels 4 [box]: Sinking ship. The season is close to being over, if it is not already. The Angels put the Mariners to shame in this series, and Seattle's offensive performance is just laughable. What else is there to say? Next game: Today, Mariners (21-29) at Texas Rangers (30-18), 5:05 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 10 games back.
- Sports Press NW asks who is the Mariners' worst free agent signing.
- Former Washington Huskies Khalif Barnes and Dashon Goldson make Pacific Takes' All-Pac-12 Alumni All-NFL Team.
- Lear Pilot updates us on the latest progress on the construction of Husky Stadium at UW Dawg Pound.
- Queen Anne resident and former Seattle Supersonic Nick Collison threw down a nasty dunk last night (ignore the uniform):
Dunk Of The Night: Collison Cleans Up (via ESPN)