Mariners 5, Rangers 3 [box]: The Mariners have won five out of their last six games and are 1.5 games back from second place after taking two out of three games from the first place Texas Rangers. Alex Liddi's grand slam did not look like a grand slam until it barely made it over the left field fence, but a grand slam is a grand slam. What was the most exciting part of the first game of the season I've attended at Safeco Field? I did not know souvenir helmet nachos existed. Lookout Landing has the smart postgame recap. Next game: Today, Seattle (21-25) vs. Los Angeles (20-25), 7:10 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 6.5 games back.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
- USS Mariner's Dave Cameron said the Mariners should DH the surging Alex LIddi — at least for Thurday's game against the Rangers.
- Sounders FC 0, Crew 2: The Sounders' season is reeling. Wednesday's loss was Seattle's third straight match without a win. The Sounders outshot the Columbus Crew 21-5, but failed in converting any of their shots into goals. Sounder At Heart will have your postgame analysis. Next game: Saturday, Seattle (7-3-2) at Chivas USA (4-6-2), 7:30 p.m. PT, KONG, 4 points back.
- Need a high school basketball fix? Franklin's Quaker Summer Slam takes place on the weekend of June 3rd-5th. This tournament acts as a sneak preview of the state's top teams and players for next season — both 4A and 3A alike.
- Steve Sarkisian talked with 950 KJR on Wednesday afternoon.
- Pacific Takes ranked Nate Robinson as the No. 2 best sleeper recruit in the Pac-12 of the last decade.