Seattle 5, Cleveland 6 [box]: Brandon League blew his second save of the season to the Cleveland Indians, giving up two runs in the bottom of the 11th evening. The Mariners led 4-0 heading into the seventh inning, but the Indians rallied for four runs of their own in the seventh and eighth innings, forcing the game into extra innings. Dustin Ackley extended his hitting streak to 13 games, but neither him nor any other Mariners are hitting at or above .300 yet. Next game: Seattle (16-24) at Colorado (15-22), 5:40 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 8.5 games back.
Read more Seattle sports news and links after the jump.
MIAMI needs Christ Bosh...— Aziz Ndiaye (@ziza221) May 18, 2012
I might be picking on Aziz N'Diaye a little too much, but this misspelling drew a chuckle from me...
- Dave Cameron from USS Mariner maps out the Mariners next roster moves, but he says that we'll have to wait for the James Paxton, Danny Hultzen and Taijuan Walker to develop for a couple more months.
- Matt Hayes from Sporting News gives Keith Price some national attention in his latest column, comparing UW's quarterback to Robert Griffin III. Austin Seferian-Jenkins was named to Phil Steele's preseason All Pac-12 team.
- Former Rainier Beach Viking and USC Trojan basketball player Rodrick Stewart was named the No. 8 biggest bust in the Pac-12's past decade by Pacific Takes.
- UW Athletics announced that its men's soccer team had the No. 43 best attendance to home games this past season.
- One of the newest members of the Seattle Storm concluded her training camp blogs with the exciting news of making the team. Congratulations Alysha Clark.
- For those avoiding the NBA playoffs, here's a Sonicsgate bonus scene interviewing local stars about the Sonics. The second half of the video is encouraging because everyone stresses the importance of having an arena. We have the arena! Almost!
Bring Back Our Seattle SuperSonics [Sonicsgate Bonus #14] (via Sonicsgate)