Max Browne, the number one quarterback recruit in the nation in the class of 2013 announced his commitment to USCon Wednesday night at Skyline high school. Browne was also considering Oklahoma and Washington, but decided to play for Lane Kiffin and the Trojans. Should Husky fans be upset? Just a little bit. However, with secured 2012 quarterbacks Jeff Lindquist and Cyler Miles coming to UW, the Huskies look set at quarterback.
See more links after the jump.
Wednesday's Tweet of the Day:
No longer shall #Mariners 1pm home starts be called "day games." They're #RueTheDay games now. We need a sponsor for this.— Seattle Sportsnet (@alexSSN) April 4, 2012
- Lorenzo Romar talked to 950 KJR, wrapping up much of the season and providing insight on the decisions of Terrence Ross and Tony Wroten to declare early for the NBA draft. Listening to his comments about Wroten, I believe Tony won't be as bad in the NBA as some think he will be. Remember, we have a biased opinion of him and can only see his faults. The NBA sees a lot of his strengths that make him a high draft pick.
- Here are tidbits from Romar's postseason press conference courtesy of Percy Allen of the Seattle Times. The last tidbit of Wilcox being a national player of the year candidate jumps out at me. Rarely does Romar just say something, to say it. Can Wilcox improve his ball handling enough to be a bigger threat than Terrence Ross was this season?
- In the midst of all of Romar's interviews, he actually gained a commitment from the much-traveled Mark McLaughlin on Tuesday night. The former Inglemoor stand-out has two years of eligibility left and will immediately compete for a spot in the rotation spot. McLaughlin is a smooth scorer that can put the ball on the floor to create his own shot.
- Archbishop Murphy HS hired Bill Marsh as their new head football coach. Marsh is known mostly for his decade of success at Eastside Catholic.
- Want to get more of a sense of why the Mariners organization is concerned with the proposed arena? Read his interview with Shannon Drayer of 710 ESPN.
- Matt Hasselbeck and Jake Locker will be returning to Seattle for a preseason game this August. A date and time has not been set yet.
- Marshawn Lynch was acting in a movie on Saturday. Read more about his film debut at SeaTown Sports.
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos