How does one of the greatest Husky running backs of all-time go undrafted? Blame a degenerative shoulder condition that Polk himself denies. After Polk went undrafted, the Philadelphia Eagles wasted no time in signing him to an undrafted free agent contract. Polk will fight for a roster spot during training camp.
Polk's former Husky teammates, Alameda Ta'amu and Senio Kelemete were drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers and Arizona Cardinals respectively. The Steelers also drafted Bellevue HS grad David DeCastro out of Stanford. Jermaine Kearse signed a contract with the Seahawks after going undrafted. See our Seahawks draft StoryStream for comprehensive coverage of last weekend's events.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
Guess I gotta start loving Philly cheesesteaks now lol— Chris Polk (@1ChrisPolk) April 30, 2012
- Seattle 2, Toronto 7 [box]: Chone Figgins hit a leadoff home run, but the Mariners offense failed to score any more runs until the ninth inning. Jason Vargas pitched a solid six innings, allowing two earned runs over four hits. Blue Jays DH Edwin Encarnacion hit his third home run in three days in the seventh inning off of Vargas. Lookout Landing delivers game analysis. Mariners (11-12) vs. Tampa Bay (13-8), 4:10 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 5.5 games back. Happy Felix Day!
- Mariners relief pitcher George Sherrill is out for the rest of the season. He undergoes Tommy John Surgery on Friday.
- The NBA Playoffs are under way. You can see the following players compete with Seattle connections in the first round of the playoffs: Quincy Pondexter (Memphis), Jason Terry (Dallas), Nick Collison (Oklahoma City), Spencer Hawes (Philadelphia) and Marvin Williams (Atlanta). Follow all of the action at SB Nation's NBA page.
- A proposed plan last week for a BCS playoff system held good news for fans of the Rose Bowl. If a Pac-12 or Big Ten team finished in the top two, then the national semifinal game would be played in Pasadena. Avinash Kunnath from Pacific Takes has the scoop.
- Art Thiel from Sports Press NW profiles the Seahawks first round draft pick, Bruce Irvin.
2012 NFL Draft Grades Round 1: NFC West Edition (via sbnation)