Husky Stadium's renovation is going quite well according to Washington Athletic Director Scott Woodward. The new stadium is on time to be ready by the beginning of the 2013 season. The goal of raising $50 million by the end of construction for the $250 million project has almost been reached — the university has raised $48 million. Now it's up for Steve Sarkisian and company to have a Rose Bowl type of squad by the time the new stadium opens. WOOF!
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
- Lakes HS in Clover Park is losing its basketball coach, Jojo Rodriguez. The Lancers made it the state tournament five straight years under Rodriguez when took over in 2006, including a state championship in 2011. The reason for Rodriguez's resignation has not been revealed yet.
- Seattle Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll and General Manager John Schneider are on the same page when it comes to evaluating draft prospects. Via Shutdown Corner. Art Thiel from Sports Press NW is horrified at the possibility of the Seahawks taking Ryan Tannehill at No. 12 on Thursday in the NFL Draft. Here's a video scouting report on Tannehill:
Ryan Tannehill 2012 NFL Draft Profile (via sbnnfl)
- Ivan Rodriguez announced his retirement yesterday and Shannon Drayer from 710 ESPN tells us a moving story about her first time reporting that involved "Pudge."
- Should Mariners fans be worried about the subpar offensive numbers from Jesus Montero so far? Jeff Sullivan from Lookout Landing gives his take.
- Justin Smoak needs to start hitting pitches that aren't fastballs to find success according to Dave Cameron at USS Mariner.
- Hanley Ramirez, the Miami Marlins star, is a Nirvana fan.
Have a story to share? Tweet me @KevinCacabelos