Tyreese Breshers mysteriously retired before the beginning of the 2010-11 season, and no one knew why. Then, Breshers let everyone know about his life-threatening heart condition he was diagnosed with at this year's end-of-the-year basketball banquet. Gregg Bell from GoHuskies.com writes a moving profile on Breshers' journey at UW.
Read more links after the jump.
- Mariners 4, Indians 1 [box]: Chone Figgins and Ichiro helped the M's jump out on offense after both hit solo home runs in the first inning. Of course, no one saw Chone Figgins hit his home run — Safeco Field posted its lowest attendance figure of all-time on Wednesday night, 11,343. Jason Vargas pitched a solid seven innings, striking out seven and giving up one earned run. Next game: Today, Seattle (7-6) vs. Cleveland Indians (5-5), 7:10 pm PT, ROOT Sports, 3.5 games back.
- Doug Miller from MLB.com chronicles the Leukemia-beating Dave Cameron of USSMariner.com.
- The acclaimed documentary, Sonicsgate, will be nationally televised at the end of April on CNBC.
- Slipper Still Fits is reporting that Polish big man Przemek Karnowski will be visiting Gonzaga today. Can you pronounce that name? I can't. Here's a scouting report on the possible future Zag.
- If you have 17 minutes and want to re-live the good parts of the Huskies' 2011-12 basketball season, here's the team's official season highlight video:
Have a story to share? Tweet me @KevinCacabelos