Mariners 0, Rangers 1 [box]: Blake Beaven put up an admirable effort, giving up only one run on six hits in 6.1 innings of work. Figgins-Ackley-Ichiro went a combined 0-10 — you can't expect to score any runs with that kind of production from your first three hitters. Munenori Kawasaki started in place of Brendan Ryan at shortstop on Tuesday night — Eric Wedge is sending a message to Ryan. Seattle (3-3) at Texas (4-1), 5:05pm PT, ROOT Sports, 1.5 games back.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
- Max Mandel from the Slipper Still Fits looks forward to the Gonzaga roster for the 2012-13 season. As Mandel notes, the Zags will return five of their six top scorers from this past season. The weakness as of right now is the lack of a solid small forward. Enter potential Arizona St. transfer Trent Lockett and this team suddenly becomes a possible top 10 team.
- Rush The Court wraps up Washington's basketball season and gives the team a B-.
- SeaTown Sports talks with Seattle Prep HS baseball player, Nick Pribble. Pribble plans on walking-on at WSU and will be a name to keep your eye on as the season rolls along.
- Carlos Peguero is out for 4-6 weeks after undergoing knee surgery. The power-hitter was dominating early on for the Rainiers, going 7-for-10 before his injury.
- 950 KJR's Bigger Dance begins on Thursday. If you need help making your picks, head on over to Seattle Sportsnet for some bracket analysis.
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos