Marcus Trufant will return for his tenth season with the Seattle Seahawks, after re-signing with the team on Monday. The Tacoma-product and former Washington St. Cougar standout is the longest-tenured player on the Seahawks roster. Trufant decided to test the free agent market after the team released him in early March.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
Monday's Tweet of the Day:
Alex Morgan: "I've been wearing this jersey with 'Carrasco' on the back all last year. This year, it's really nice to have my own."— Joshua Mayers (@joshuamayers) April 10, 2012
- Mariners 5, Rangers 11 [box]: The Mariners lost their first game of the season on Monday night to the Texas Rangers. Seattle knocked up Yu Darvish for five runs on eight hits, but the Rangers offense abused the Mariners' Hector Noesi for seven runs on seven hits. Mariners (3-2) at Texas (3-1), 5:05pm PT, ROOT Sports, .5 games back.
- Dave Cameron from USS Mariner tackles the Felix Hernandez decreasing velocity issue.
- The new look Seattle Sounders Women made their debut last night with a 5-0 exhibition victory over Seattle Pacific. Team officials estimated around 4,000 attended the match at Starfire Stadium. The team faces Seattle U in another exhibition on Friday at 7:30 pm at Starfire.
- Seeing a young player with so much potential being forced to end their career is always tough. Washington Huskies offensive lineman Colin Porter has retired due to injuries to both his shoulders. Porter's likely replacement at right guard is rising sophomore James Atoe.
- I missed including this on Monday, but after playing out his ten-day contract with the San Antonio Spurs, former Husky Justin Dentmon signed another ten-day contract with the Toronto Raptors on Friday.