- Your Washington Huskies are on a mission to win their third straight Pac-12 tournament championship. Most bracket predictors currently have Washington in, but the Huskies could do themselves a favor by taking care of business down at the Staples Center. After a 69-64 victory over the Cougars, Oregon State will be the Huskies' quarterfinal matchup today. The game tips off at 12 p.m. and will be televised on ROOT Sports. Here's a game preview courtesy of Montlake Madness. Check out our StoryStream to stay updated on today's action.
See more links after the jump.
Wednesday's Top Tweet:
The Alamo Bowl was higher scoring than two of the four games in the Pac-12 basketball tournament.— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) March 8, 2012
- ESPN will televise the 2013 Pac-12 men's basketball tournament. The worldwide leader in sports will rotate with FOX for broadcasting rights of the tournament.
- The Sounders beat Santos Laguna 2-1 in the CONACAF Champions League quarterfinal match. Here's the recap from Sounder at Heart.
- The Mariners are dominating the Angels — in Cactus League action! Read Jeff Sullivan's recap from Wednesday's spring training game at Lookout Landing.
- Jamie Moyer pitched two innings of scoreless baseball in his first spring training start for the Colorado Rockies. So far, so good, for the 49-year old hurler.
Jerry Brewer of the Seattle Times says to "roll out the red carpet," for Peyton Manning IF he is healthy.
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos