- If the game was on TV in Los Angeles, I would have stayed up for the Mariners' opening day game against Oakland. With that said, by the time you read this, the game will be over and the Mariners will be either 1-0 or 0-1. To find out, head over to our StoryStream on the game. Lookout Landing has you covered as well. Next game against Oakland in Japan on Thursday.
Read more links after the jump.
Tuesday's Tweet of the Day:
- The 2011-2012 Washington Huskies basketball season officially came to a close on Tuesday night. UW struggled again to pull out a game that came down to the final minutes. The next unresolved issue for this team? Will Terrence Ross and Tony Wroten declare for the NBA draft. Your guess is as good as mine. Game recaps: [Montlake Madness], [Seattle Times], [The Husky Haul], [The News Tribune]
- Local basketball reporter Kevin Pelton starts a three-part series on Seattle U's transition to division one basketball at The Classical.
- Former Mariner R.A. Dickey is coming out with an autobiography. Sports Illustrated has a juicy excerpt.
- WOOF! Coach Sark picked up his first commitment from the 2013 class on Tuesday, wide receiver Sammie Long out of Lakes HS (Lakewood, WA).
- UW softball is ranked No. 3 in the nation and has a 32-1 overall record and a 3-0 Pac-12 record. Jerry Brewer's sports reporting class at UW put together an amazing website that covers the team at uwhuskyfever.com.
- The Seattle Times high school sports department is getting busy with spring sports coverage. Here are their week one rankings for boys soccer and boys baseball.
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos