The night after the Huskies advanced to the NIT semifinals after a victory over the Oregon Ducks, the Cougars advanced to the CBI finals after a 72-55 over the Oregon State Beavers. Thanks to the 23 points of Abe Lodwick, the Cougs will take on Pitsburgh in a best-of-three series against Pittsburgh. Here's your game recap from CougCenter.
Read more links after the jump!
- Washington will face Minnesota in the NIT semifinals at Madison Square Garden next Tuesday.
- And if you can't get enough postseason basketball that doesn't have the label "NCAA TOURNAMENT," how about those Western Washington Vikings? The Vikings are in the division II final four. And hardly anybody even knows this. WWU beat Midwestern St. 64-63 on Wednesday. They'll take on Stonehill College of Massachusetts in the national semifinal game at 4 pm on Thursday.
- Jerry Brewer from the Seattle Times writes on Brandon League's incredible turnaround after his horrific month of May last season.
- The Mariners finished their spring training with an uninspiring 13-8 loss to the Chicago White Sox. Felix Hernandez was shelled for eight runs. Should you be worried? Of course not. The M's head to Japan for two exhibition games before an opening two-game series against the A's.
- Eric Wedge announced the starting rotation for the team: 1) Felix Hernandez, 2) Jason Vargas, 3) Hector Noesi, 4) Blake Beaven, 5) Kevin Milwood...Shannon Drayer has us covered.
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos