- Two new prominent players will be wearing Seahawk blue in the fall. Quarterback Matt Flynn signed a three-year deal with the Seahawks on Sunday, while defensive tackle Jason Jones signed a one-year deal on Saturday. So what is next on John Schneider and Pete Carroll's agenda in this offseason? Jerry Brewer and Art Thiel give their takes on the Flynn signing. And finally, here's the take from Field Gulls' Kenneth Arthur.
See more Seattle sports links after the jump.
- Former UW-standout Tim Lincecum graces the cover of ESPN the Magazine's latest issue. Rival pitcher Clayton Kershaw also appears on the cover of Lincecum in a playful pose.
- The Seattle Times asks its readers which Seattle team will have the most successful 2012. My answer? I'm going with the Seahawks. Flynn and Jones are both upgrades at positions the Seahawks needed help at and the Seahawks had one of the top defenses in the NFL last season. This answer changes if Peyton Manning signs with the 49ers, but for now I see the Seahawks putting together a playoff run.
- After a 108-97 victory over the Iowa Hawkeyes, the Oregon Ducks will face Washington on Tuesday night at Alaska Airlines Arena in the quarterfinals of the NIT. The two teams split the season series 1-1 with Oregon crushing the Huskies 82-57 in the teams' last meeting. Ken Pomeroy's computer system predicts an 80-75 victory for the Huskies. The winner gets a trip to New York for the tournament's semifinal game.
- Last but not least, the Washington's women's squad will be in Corvallis, Oregon to face the Oregon St. Beavers in the quarterfinals of the NIT. Here's the game story from the team's victory over Utah on Sunday.
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos