The 2012 NCAA Tournament has been a story of two different days thus far. After a relatively calm and boring Thursday slate of games, Friday was about as wild of a day as March Madness can have. There were the same number of upsets (eight) as there were favorites that won, and three teams seeded No. 13 or higher all won for the first time ever. No two seeds had lost since 2001; two No. 2 seeds lost yesterday.
It was, in about 12 hours of action, why America has fallen in love with the NCAA Tournament. Here is a complete look at the upsets from Friday:
15. Lehigh Mountain Hawks defeat 2. Duke Blue Devils, 75-70
15. Norfolk St. Spartans defeat 2. Missouri Tigers, 86-84
13. Ohio Bobcats defeat 4. Michigan Wolverines, 65-60
12. South Florida Bulls defeat 5. Temple Owls, 58-44
11. North Carolina St. Wolfpack defeat 6. San Diego St. Aztecs, 79-65
10. Purdue Boilermakers defeat 7. Saint Mary's Gales, 72, 69
10. Xavier Musketeers defeat 7. Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 67-63
9. Saint Louis Billikins defeat 8. Memphis Tigers
These teams (and the other winners from Friday) all advance to the round of 32 and will next play on Sunday for their chance to reach the Sweet 16. If Friday was any indication, fans should be in for a wild and wacky weekend of hoops.
Stay with us here at SB Nation Seattle for NCAA Bracket Scores and Updates throughout the day in this StoryStream. For schedule, game times, TV Announcers, and more, head to our NCAA Tournament Schedule and Info StoryStream. Finally, if you haven't yet, head to SB Nation's Printable Bracket StoryStream to print an updated one out for yourself.
Follow @sbnSeattle on Twitter | Like SB Nation Seattle on Facebook
Brackets on the brain? Us too! Play Yahoo! Tourney Pick'em and be a part of the craziest month of college basketball. It is fun, easy, and free.