The 2012 London Olympics is nearing its halfway mark. Here's a quick update on how Seattle's athletes are competing in this year's summer games.
- Tacoma's Tejay Van Garderen finished in 105th place with a time of 5:47:31 in the Men's Road Race (Cycling)
- Tyler Farrar from Wenatchee finished in 33th place with a time of 5:46:37 in the Men's Road Race (Cycling)
- Oak Harbor native Marti Malloy won a bronze medal in Women's Lightweight Judo
- Travis Stevens from Bellevue lost in the bronze medal match in Men's Half Middleweight Judo
- Washington's Hope Solo, Spokane-native Amy LePeilbet are members of the U.S. Women's Soccer team. They are 3-0 so far and face New Zealand on Friday in the quarterfinal round.
- Former Husky Ariana Kukors finished fifth in the 200 individual medley in swimming.
- Bremerton's Nathan Adrian took home a gold medal 100m freestyle.
- Former Husky Courtney Thompson is a member of the U.S. Women's Volleyball team. They are 3-0 so far in Group play.
You can find a complete medal tracker at SI.com.
For more on the Olympics, check out SB Nation's London 2012 Olympics Hub.