The highlight event of tonight's Olympic coverage will be the men's 200 meter individual medley final featuring two of the best swimmers in the world, as both Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte go head-to-head. Phelps and Lochte have already faced off with each other in the men's 400 meter individual medley, where Lochte ended up cruising to victory and Phelps wasn't able to medal.
This figures to be a little bit closer. Lochte has two races to swim tomorrow, and he starts off with the 200 meter backstroke, where his a big favorite to win. But could it take something out of him when he goes up against Phelps? Of course, Phelps will be busy double-dipping of his own in the 100 meter butterfly heats and semifinals, so nothing will come easy for either swimmer tomorrow.
Plenty of other events will be taking place. Here's a schedule of Thursday's events.
for Thursday's events (ET, although the NBC events will be televised on both coasts at the same times). All events will be streamed live online at NBCOlympics.com.
4 a.m. - 8 p.m. (NBCSN)
- Men's Basketball: France vs. Lithuania (4 a.m.), Brazil vs. Russia (11:30 a.m.)
- Women's Field Hockey: USA vs. Australia (5:45 a.m.), China vs. Netherlands (8:45 a.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: Serbia vs. Germany (7:15 a.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (10:30 a.m.)
- Men's Table Tennis: Semifinals (1:30 p.m.)
- Women's Archery: Individual Gold Medal Final (2:20 p.m.)
- Men's Boxing: Round of 16 Bouts (Lightweight and Middleweight Classes, 3 p.m.)
- Men's Shooting: Double Trap Gold Medal Final (4:45 p.m.)
- Men's Basketball: USA vs. Nigeria (5:15 p.m.)
7 a.m. - 3 p.m. (Bravo)
- Singles Quarterfinals, Mixed Doubles Quarterfinals, Doubles Semifinals
9 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MSNBC)
- Men's Water Polo: Montenegro vs. Serbia (9 a.m.), Romania vs. Hungary (10:30 a.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: Poland vs. Argentina (11:45 a.m.)
- Equestrian: Dressage Qualifying (1:30 p.m.)
- Men's Handball: Serbia vs. Denmark (2:30 p.m.), Sweden vs. Iceland (5 p.m.)
- Badminton: Semifinals (4 p.m.)
- Women's Judo: 78 kg Gold Medal Final (4:30 p.m.)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. (NBC)
- Swimming: Qualifying (10 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 12:30 p.m.)
- Canoeing: Whitewater, Men's C-2 Gold Medal Final (10:15 a.m.)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying (11:30 a.m.)
- Cycling: Track Gold Medal Finals (12:45 p.m.)
- Men's Water Polo: USA vs. Great Britain (1:20 p.m.)
- Rowing: Gold Medal Finals (2:20 p.m.)
- Men's Volleyball: USA vs. Brazil (3 p.m.)
5 - 8 p.m. (CNBC)
- Boxing: Round of 16 Bouts (lightweight and middleweight classes)
8 p.m. - Midnight (NBC)
- Swimming: Gold Medal Finals (Women's 200m breaststroke, 100m freestyle; Men's 200m backstroke, 200m individual medley)
- Beach Volleyball: Qualifying
- Women's Rowing: Eights Gold Medal Final
12:35 - 1:35 a.m. (NBC)
- Women's Canoeing: Whitewater, K-1 Gold Medal Final
- Table Tennis: Men's Singles Gold Medal Final
Check out SI's complete medal tracker here.
Stay with the SB Nation Seattle StoryStream for more coverage of local athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. For more on the 2012 Olympic Games, make sure that you check out SB Nation's dedicated Olympics hub.