Mariners 1 Angels 6 [box]: Blake Beaven gave up six earned runs on 10 hits in five innings pitched — that's all you need to know about last night's game. The M's have a chance to win the series on Wednesday, but they will have to do so without Felix Hernandez. Lookout Landing has your postgame analysis. Next game: Today, Seattle (25-33) at Los Angeles (29-28), 7:05 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 8.5 games back.
- Sounders 5, Cal FC 0: Seattle dominated like a team should have against an amateur team. The Sounders take on the San Jose Earthquakes in their next US Open Cup game, in the quarterfinals on June 26th. Next game: Saturday, Seattle (7-3-3) vs. Montreal (3-7-3), 4:30 p.m. PT, KONG, 5 points back.
- Pete Carroll's squad was docked two OTA practices for violating the new CBA when live contact between players took place. Practices on Wednesday and Thursday have been canceled along with an offseason workout on Friday. Field Gulls goes more in-depth on the incident.
- The Seattle Times named K.W. Williams out of Jefferson HS their Boys Athlete of the Year. Williams led his team to the state playoffs and also won a 4A state wrestling crown this past year. Perhaps I'm biased, but I think Marquis Davis' state basketball performance along with his fifth place finish in the long jump should have garnered him this award.
- The Pac-12 network may have some issues with DirectTV. Read about it at Pacific Takes.
- Details of Johnie Kirton's memorial have been released. The service will take place on Thursday in Everett. For more information, head over to this website.