Seattle Sounders FC 1, Portland Timbers 2: The Sounders continue to slide and lost a chance to regain confidence against the Timbers on Sunday. Sounder At Heart credits the loss to early defensive errors made by the Sounders. It is U.S. Open Cup action next for the Sounders, and their back-to-back-to-back-to-back championship bid is in serious jeopardy against the San Jose Earthquakes. Next match: Tuesday, Sounders (7-5-4) vs. San Jose Earthquakes (10-3-3), 7:30 p.m. PT.
Read more Seattle sports links and news after the jump.
Tweet of the Weekend:
Justin Biebers albums is tough I must admit. I wouldn't say I have Bieber fever but I'm starting to get the early symptoms! Lol #goodmusic— Martell Webster (@MartellWebster) June 23, 2012
- Seattle Mariners 0, San Diego Padres 2 [box]: Hector Noesi put forth an admirable effort, but the Mariners offense was punchless against the Padres on Sunday afternoon. The hated rivals of Southern California took five out of six from the Mariners this season, and this series is an indicator of how the Mariners will finish: last place. Of course, I'm kidding. In 2011, the Mariners took five of six from San Diego and they ended up finishing last in the A.L. West standings. Who else has given up on the season? Lookout Landing has your game recap and analysis. Next game: Monday, Mariners (31-43) vs. Oakland Athletics (35-38), 7:10 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 14.5 games back.
- Seattle Storm 72, Washington Mystics 55 [box]: Make that four straight wins for your Seattle Storm. Seattle used a 30-18 points in the paint advantage to secure Sunday's victory over the Mystics. Sue Bird and Ann Wauters both chipped in 14 points each to lead Seattle in scoring. Next game: Sunday, Storm (5-7) at New York (4-9), 1:00 p.m. PT.
- Griffin Bennett from the Husky Haul comments on Brandon Roy's attempted NBA comeback.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins was named to Athlon's preseason college football magazine's All Pac-12 First Team.
- Who is UW's biggest rival? It has to be the Cougs, right? UW Dawg Pound polls its readers.