2013 guard prospect Zach Lavine committed to UCLA on Wednesday. Lavine is the consensus No. 1 player and prospect from the state of Washington. The Bothell HS shooting guard has one of the sweetest shooting strokes on the West Coast and can create for himself off the dribble. He lacks the same killer scoring ability and athleticism of past top prospects like Tony Wroten and Peyton Siva, but has the potential to become a star in the Pac-12. See highlights of Lavine after the jump.
- Seattle Mariners 10, Arizona Diamondbacks 14 [box]: Jason Vargas gave up 10 runs, 9 hits, and 5 home runs and unsurprisingly only lasted 4.1 innings. Only the Mariners find ways to lose when they score ten runs. Next game: Friday, Mariners (30-41) vs. Padres (24-46), 7:05 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 13.5 games back.
- Sounders FC 1, Sporting Kansas City 1: The last time the Sounders won an MLS match was on May 9th. May 9th is a long time ago. Struggling...Sounder At Heart recaps Wednesday night's match.
- Bellevue linebacker Myles Jack also committed to UCLA on Wednesday.
- Lorenzo Romar is on Twitter. Yes, the same Twitter thing that has given him headaches the past few years. When you can't beat them, you join them. Welcome to 2012 Coach Romar. Follow him at @CoachRomar.
- Promotional plug! Head over to Wait For It Seattle to hear episode two of my joint Seattle sports podcast with Brian Elsner. We discuss Ichiro's role as a Mariner, Brandon Roy's comeback attempt and hypothetical situations surrounding the proposed NBA arena.
- Zach Lavine highlights:
Zach Lavine One of the Countries BEST! (via ZachLavine18)