The NBA finals begin Tuesday night, and I challenge you to find someone in the city of Seattle rooting for the Oklahoma City Thunder. You will likely have a difficult time. Go Miami. Go LeBron James. Go Heat. Danny O'Neil shares his thoughts in the Seattle Times, while Jerry Brewer shares his at Sports Illustrated. Lastly, Seattle-based author Doug Merlino pens his thoughts on the NBA Finals.
Read more Seattle sports news and links after the jump.
- Sign the petition supporting the building of a new arena for the Sonics at the official Sonics Arena page. P.S. big rally happening at Occident Park this Thursday, mark your calendars.
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn met with David Stern on Monday in New York to lobby for an NBA team. Not that the meeting meant anything, but it can't hurt.
- Happy Felix Day! King Felix returns to the mound on Tuesday night against the Padres. Lookout Landing examines his mechanics and his velocity issues.
- Lakes HS hired Bellarmine Prep assistant basketball coach Nick Jensen as their head coach as reported by the Tacoma News Tribune on Monday.
- "Troy" Wroten interviews with HoopsWorld at the NBA combine last week:
Troy Wroten: 2012 NBA Draft Combine (via hoopsworld)