Mariners 3, Tigers 2 [box]: Make that three straight for your Seattle Mariners. Ninth inning magic capped off by a John Jaso sacrifice fly completed the Mariners dramatic comeback on Monday night. Munenori Kawasaki slid into home plate for the game's winning run. Next game: Today, Seattle (14-17) vs. Detroit (14-14), 7:10 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, six games back.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
Monday's Tweet of the Day:
Man there ain't nothing like the playoffs, I gotta get MY team there!— Isaiah Thomas (@Isaiah_Thomas2) May 8, 2012
- Dave Cameron from USS Mariner says Hisashi Iwakuma should be in the rotation instead of Blake Beaven.
- Lear Pilot from UW Dawg Pound gives us a detailed Husky Stadium construction update.
- Seattle Storm training camp is up and running. StormTracker gets you caught up on all the media coverage.
- Stephen Domingo, a UW class of 2013 recruit named his top four on Monday — and UW is in it. Harvard, Georgetown and Stanford are also in the running for the four-star small forward recruit. UW does not have the same caliber academics as the other three schools, but maybe that is the one advantage it has in Domingo's recruitment.
- The Seahawks signed eight of ten of their draft picks on Monday, including first round pick Bruce Irvin.
Watch Keith Price throw a touchdown pass to a lucky fan at UW's Spring Game:
2012 Husky Football Spring Game Fan Experience (via UWAthletics)
Have a story to share? Tweet me @KevinCacabelos.