Seattle 3, Tampa Bay 4 [box]: The Mariners are not the worst team in baseball...yet. Despite losing six games in a row, the M's are somehow still in third place. When the real Albert Pujols comes out of hibernation, the Angels will leapfrog Seattle in the AL West standings. For now M's fans, enjoy third place while it lasts! Lookout Landing has your postgame analysis. Next game: Seattle (11-16) vs. Minnesota (6-18), 7:10 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 7 games back.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
Thursday's Tweet of the Day:
This dude has tortillas on his head while groceries shopping. twitter.com/ziza221/status…— Aziz Ndiaye (@ziza221) May 3, 2012
- Kudos the the Washington Men's basketball program for scheduling another enriching international trip for its basketball team. UW will take a summer trip and compete against international teams in Spain, France, Monaco and Senegal. The highlight of the trip will likely be visiting the hometown of center Aziz N'Diaye in Dakar, Senegal. Romar took his team on a similar international summer trip to Greece back in 2007.
- Big game happening at the Starfire Complex on Friday night. The Sounders Women take on the UW women's team. Former Huskies Hope Solo, Veronica Perez, and Kate Deines will be suiting up for the Sounders Women. The game is set to start at 7:30 p.m. The game is sold-out, but fans can watch the game on sounderswomen.com and uslive.com.
- A little dated, but the SportingNews ranked Gonzaga's Gary Bell Jr. as the No. 10 best shooting guard in college basketball for the 2012-13 season.
- How can the Mariners organization deal with the losing? Alex Akita from Seattle Sportsnet proposes a Jumbaco campaign. Read on.
- Tom Lemming from CBS Sports Network broke down the state's top high school football recruits on Mason Kelley's Seattle Times High School sports blog.