Mariners 2, Rangers 4 [box]: I'm sick of losing! Nelson Cruz led Texas in game one of the three-game set, he went 2-for-4 with a solo home run in the second inning and he also stole a base. Kevin Millwood's scoreless inning streak of 17 innings ended when Cruz hit his home run. Mike Napoli also homered for the Rangers in sixth inning off of the Mariners' Steve Delabar. Next game: Today, Seattle (21-30) vs. Rangers (31-18), 5:05 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 11 games back.
Read more Seattle sports news and links after the jump.
- The Washington Huskies could end up facing three top-five teams in Oregon, USC and LSU this coming college football season. CBS Sportsline has the No. 2 toughest schedule in all of college football behind fellow Pac-12 member California.
- Tony Wroten worked out with the Golden State Warriors on Monday according to his Twitter account. The Warriors hold the No. 30 overall pick, the final pick in the first round. Wroten is currently projected as a late first round pick by most mock drafts.
- Kenneth Arthur from Field Gulls breaks down the Seahawks wide receivers.
- The Seattle Sounders FC are the most valuable brand in the MLS according to Brand Finance. They are valued at $58 million.
- A little old, but Brian Elsner from Wait For It Seattle advocates for the city of Seattle to say "no" to the NBA if the league wants to bring a team to the city. Is he crazy?
- I never saw this, but Sonicsgate has a video up of the Mariners' Seattle Supersonics tribute day. Enjoy:
Sonics Celebration Night at Safeco Field | July 29, 2011 (via Sonicsgate)