- The 2011-12 high school sports season wraps up this weekend. The state's track and field championship meets for 2A, 3A, and 4A is taking place at Mount Tahoma Stadium. Results and information on the meet can be found at the meet's website. The state golf champions have been decided, see the individual and team champions on the WIAA's website. Baseball, tennis, boy soccer and softball playoffs all conclude this weekend as well.
Thursday's Tweet of the Day:
You can visit a Starbucks on Friday and get a free ticket to the Seattle Art Museum. What you can't do is visit a Starbucks and get ...— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) May 25, 2012
. .. a free ticket to a Sonics game because the owner of Starbucks sold the team to some guys from Oklahoma City #justincaseyouforgot— Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) May 25, 2012
- Mariners 0, Angels 3 [box]: Dan Haren was close to un-hittable on Thursday night. The Mariners only managed four hits off of Haren, as the Angels' right-hander cruised to a complete game shutout punctuated by 14 strikeouts. Jason Vargas helped save the Mariners' bullpen for later games in the series as he was able to pitch seven innings, allowing three runs including a two-run home run to Albert Pujols in the first inning. Next game: Today, Mariners (21-26) vs. Angels (21-25), 7:10 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 7 games back.
- Brandon League is having trouble against left-handed batters, read Jeff Sullivan's reasoning at Lookout Landing.
- Miguel Olivo is back, and as a result, the Mariners opted to keep Chone Figgins and send Casper Wells back down to Tacoma. Dave Cameron says this is a bad decision.
- Seven different Washington Husky basketball recruits are ranked in ESPN's latest class of 2013 rankings. Is Washington high on Parker's list? Telep and Biancardi break down their rankings in this video.
- Bucs Nation refutes the notion that Kellen Winslow was locker room cancer during his time as a Tampa Bay Buccaneer.
- Tony Wroten releases episode three in his LOE YouTube series. Brandon Roy makes a cameo in this video chronicling Wroten's pre-draft preparations:
TONY WROTEN #LOE TV Episode 3 "What doesnt kill you , makes you stronger" (via futurehoops)