Mariners 1, Rangers 3 [box]: Hector Noesi pitched eight innings, but his three run and seven strike out performance was wasted by the Mariners' offense. A two-out RBI single by Justin Smoak in the first inning was the only run driven in by the Mariners on Tuesday. Lookout Landing has your postgame analysis. Next game: Today, Texas (27-17) at Seattle (20-25), 12:40 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 7.5 games back.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
- Today: Sounders FC (7-2-2) vs. Columbus Crew (3-4-3), 7:00 p.m. PT, KONG 6, three points behind Real Salt Lake. Sounder at Heart has your pregame analysis.
- Prospective Seattle NBA owner Chris Hansen chatted online with fans at the Seattle Times on Tuesday afternoon. Hansen's best guess for the existence of a new arena and an NBA team is by the year 2017. He also made it clear he does not want to see the Oklahoma City Thunder win the NBA championship this year. Chris Hansen, you are awesome.
- Terrence Ross and Tony Wroten were among two of the 60 players invited to the NBA combine taking place on June 7-8.
- UW's football program ranked No. 21 overall in the nation in SB Nation's College Football Realignment rankings. Washington was the fifth best Pac-12 team ranked.
- Read this great piece by SB Nation's Brian Floyd about how he ended up writing full-time for the network.