Seattle 0, Boston 5 [box]: Tuesday's loss was like mostly every other of the team's 22 losses — not enough offense. It's come to a point in the season where everyone in the Mariners lineup is failing to produce offensively. The Red Sox are also in last place like the Mariners, but Boston is going to turn it around because they have Dustin Pedroria, David Ortiz and Adrian Gonzalez. The Mariners have no power in their lineup and barely anyone who can hit consistently. We all hold hope at the beginning of the season that somehow the M's will exceed expectations, but I'm close to giving up on this team. Thank God we have Felix Days. Game analysis at Lookout Landing. Next game: Today, Mariners (16-22) at Cleveland (20-16), 4:05 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 7.5 games back.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
Tuesday's Tweet of the Day:
Seattle Seahawks (@Seahawks) May 15, 2012
- Seattle Storm Head Coach Brian Agler has 14 players, but needs to trim his roster to 11 players by Thursday morning. Read more about the Storm's roster situation at StormTracker.
- Paul Domowitch from the Philadelphia Daily News writes a column on the Eagles' undrafted free agent signee, Chris Polk.
- Isaiah Thomas finished seventh in NBA Rookie of the Year voting, which makes no sense considering Thomas was named Rookie of the Month in Western Conference in both February and March. Kyrie Erving was the only other multiple Rookie of the Month winner in field of Rookies vying for the trophy.
- Eight teams from the Pac-12 made the field of 64 for the NCAA Softball Tournament. Washington was given the No. 16 national seed despite its horrific end to the season in which the Huskies dropped seven straight games. UW will host the Seattle regional, games begin this Friday May 18th, and continue through Sunday May 20th.
- Lakeside High School hired Katie Wilson as its volleyball coach on Tuesday. After winning the state championship with Seattle Prep in 2011, Wilson became an assistant at Seattle U presumably to jumpstart her collegiate coaching career. My suspicions tell me Lakeside pays well. Either way, expect the Lions to start competing with Seattle Prep and Eastside Catholic in a couple of years. Wilson knows her stuff.
- Beastmode highlights below!