Mariners 6, Red Sox 1 [box]: Tacoma-native Jon Lester joined the list of pitchers this year who have dominated this lowly poor thing we call the Mariners lineup. Jason Vargas pitched his worst game of the season, giving up five runs spread over seven hits to the Red Sox. Jeff Sullivan from Lookout Landing breaks it down for us. Next game: Today, Seattle (16-21) at Boston (16-19), 1:05 p.m. PT, ROOT Sports, 7.5 games back.
Read more Seattle sports links after the jump.
Monday's Tweet of the Day:
go... lakers?— Prometheus Brown (@prometheusbrown) May 15, 2012
- The Zombie Sonics absolutely crushed the Lakers on Monday in the first game of the Western conference semifinals. Are you joining the Lake Show bandwagon to help prevent the grotesque image of the Thunder playing in the Western conference finals and possibly the NBA Finals? Or is your bitterness gone?
- It looks like the Pac-12 will be inactive in conference expansion and consolidation this year writes Avinash Kunnath from Pacific Takes.
- The Slipper Still Fits gives us a recruiting roundup taking a look at a potential transfer from Providence.
- Mason Kelley from the Seattle Times profiles Garfield's Byron Howell Jr., one of the state's top 400 meter runners.
- The WIAA announced its brackets for the 4A and 3A boys baseball state tournament on Monday. Find the brackets at the WIAA's official website.
- Watch highlights from Quincy Pondexter's first career postseason double double in game five of the Grizzlies' first round series against the Los Angeles Clippers:
Quincy Pondexter 2012 playoffs game 5 (via TheDarweb)Have a story to share? Tweet me @KevinCacabelos.