Mariners 5 Athletics 3 [box]: I'm sure A's fans are sick of playing us as we are sick of playing them. Thankfully for the sanity of both of these teams, they won't meet until June 25th in Seattle for a three-game series. The Mariners got its offense on Sunday from the bats of Justin Smoak and Brendan Ryan who both hit home runs off of Oakland's Graham Godfrey. Lookout Landing has some post-game analysis. Next game: Today, Seattle (6-5) vs. Cleveland Indians (4-4), 7:10 pm PT, ROOT Sports, 2.5 games back.
Read more links after the jump.
- Sounders 1, Rapids 0 [stats]: Seattle took care of business against the Colorado Rapids on Saturday. Zach Scott scored his first goal in a very very very long time (like at least five years ago long). The Sounders are off to their best start in the franchise's history with ten points through five matches. Sounder at Heart has the postgame analysis. Next game: Saturday, April 28th, Seattle (3-1-1) at Chicago Fire (1-1-2), 5:30 pm PT, KONG, 5 points back.
- Looking for a job? How does high school football sound? The South Sound area currently has four openings at Bonney Lake, Enumclaw, South Kitsap and Gig Harbor. In the Seattle-area, Franklin HS is currently accepting applications for a new head coach. Mount Vernon, Foss, Bellingham and Seattle Lutheran also have head coach openings.
- Does Washington have an edge in the recruitment of class of 2013 basketball prospect, Jabari Parker? Pacific Takes looks at the situation. If there is a favorite, Washington has to be it. Anytime a family member that you're intimately close with is part of the Washington basketball staff, you have to assume that has some sort of influence even it's subconscious.
- "According to sources familiar with his situation," San Francisco's Perris Blackwell is considering transferring to Washington per Percy Allen. Blackwell would be a solid addition to the Husky roster, but after watching him a handful of times in the past two years of WCC play, I don't think he's that much better than the bigs already on the Husky roster. If you want depth, than Blackwell is a great addition, but if you're looking for an impact offensive post presence, Blackwell will disappoint.
- The Maloof brothers shot down the city of Sacramento's plan to build a new basketball arena for the Kings. Does this mean the Kings could move to Seattle? Unfortunately for Seattle fans, most insiders are those following the Kings' situation believe Anaheim is still higher up on the list as a relocation city. King 5's Chris Daniels has the report.
Have a story to share? Tweet me @KevinCacabelos