- I refuse to buy into the notion that the Huskies are the 69th best team in the country if they win the NIT. Maybe it's just me being a fan, or maybe the Huskies are a better team than some of the automatic bids in the NCAA tournament. This NIT-run is exciting, and I'm at the point where I'll be upset if the Huskies come up short. A loss next week will be easier to swallow since it's the NIT and not the NCAA tournament, but I'll still be disappointed — and I'm sure the team will be disappointed even more. Who knew the Huskies would get a chance to play at the Madison Square Garden to avenge two losses at the MSG earlier this season? Game recaps: [GoHuskies.com], [The Husky Haul], [Seattle Times], [UW Dawg Pound]. And here's our NIT StoryStream to get you caught up.
See more Seattle sports links after the jump!
Tuesday's Tweet of the Day:
@hawkblogger if Tebow goes to SF I think he could be more dangerous than A. Smith. It would also be awesome to play against tho— TheFreshMaker (@DougBaldwinJr) March 20, 2012
Vince Grippi from the Spokesman Review gives sound reasoning on why the Cougar basketball team is better than the credit people are giving them at the moment.
- The Slipper Still Fits remains optimistic after Gonzaga's second round-exit out of the NCAA Tournament. Gary Bell Jr. will compete for WCC conference player of the year next season. In the loss to Ohio State he looked like the confident and consummate scorer that every college coach on the west coast so highly sought in the recruiting process.
- Peter Gammons from MLB.com wrote a season preview feature on the Seattle Mariners.
- Field Gulls gives us the details on what Matt Flynn brings to the table. Shutdown Corner reminds us it will still be a competition between Flynn and Tarvaris Jackson.
- Sounder At Heart informs us that Mauro Rosales will in Friday's game against the Houston Dynamo. Rosales has a sprained knee and could be out for several weeks.
- Last but not least, Jamie Moyer is profiled by the New York Times.
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos