- Once you get over the fact that Washington is not in the NCAA Tournament, watching these NIT games are actually enjoyable. Game previews: (Everett Herald), (Seattle Times), (The Husky Haul), (The Oregonian) and a funny picture preview from (UW Dawg Pound). Here's audio from Lorenzo Romar's press conference on Monday. Lastly, check out our StoryStream on the NIT Tournament here. Elite Eight NIT action!
Monday's Tweet of the Day:
Very happy Mr. Manning nixed the Niners. The division is ours to rule once again.Welcome to Seattle Matt Fylnn! #seahawks— Spencer Hawes (@spencerhawes00) March 19, 2012
- Alex Akita from Seattle Sportsnet gives us his take on the Matt Flynn signing — and he ranks the signing on a crazy-hot scale. He also goes on a tangent against Flynn puns...
- Jason Vargas gave up seven runs on eight hits in his final spring training start before the Mariners' opening games against the Oakland A's in Japan next week. Vargas will throw one more simulated game in Japan before his scheduled start.
- John Hickey from Sports Press NW thinks the Mariners' lack of left-handed relievers is a problem. So far, only Charlie Furbush has impressed this spring among the pile of relievers that were signed in the offseason. In fact, the Mariners released one of them yesterday, Hong-Chih Kuo.
- Pro Ball NW continues its 40-man player overview and analyzes none other than Charlie Furbush.
- Extras: SeaTown Sports releases week two of their Metro baseball power rankings...Kevin Pelton gives us a run down on the Seattle Storm players playing overseas...Here's a nice highlight video of Seattle Prep's DJ Fenner, Fenner enters his senior year and is one of the top college prospects in the state...