After an emotionally-filled retirement announcement back in December, Brandon Roy gave some interesting comments in an interview with Eurobasket.com. Readers that commented on the report by Dwight Jaynes speculate whether that's even Brandon Roy speaking in the interview. Interesting news to say the least.
Monday's Tweet of the Day:
Sounds like the Brandon Roy comeback has legs.— Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) February 28, 2012
- Left Coast Recruiting brings us the latest in local recruiting with a roundup piece. Most notably, Ahmad Rorie a sophomore from Clover Park HS has picked up an offer from California. Rorie's squad will be competing in the 2A state tournament in Yakima this weekend.
- Something is going on with Franklin Gutierrez's right pectoral region. The center fielder left drills Monday morning and underwent an MRI later in the day. Results of the MRI will come out today.
- Ken Griffey Jr. is down in Peoria fulfilling his duties as special adviser. Larry Stone's blog post has some interesting tidbits about what GM Jack Zduriencik asked Griffey to do in regards to Prince Fielder over the offseason.
- Ray Ratto from Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area warns Sacramento Kings fans that the team's future in Sacramento is far from secure. Would the Maloofs consider selling the team? If they continue to lose money, the Kings might be up for sale...and after that, anything is possible — right Seattle?
- Gonzaga's Robert Sacre was named WCC Defensive Player of the Year while Kevin Pangos was named the WCC Newcomer of the year. Both players, along with Elias Harris were also named to the All-WCC first team. Gary Bell was named to the All-Freshman team.
- Extras: Andy Glockner from Sports Illustrated says we shouldn't be surprised if UW doesn't get an at-large bid...Jamal Crawford opens up on why he's such a nice guy...Thusday's UW game against USC won't be on TV, but will be streamed live on USCTrojans.com for free...the UW/UCLA game will be televised on CBS at 11am this Saturday...Mariners scouting director Tom McNamara had an interview FanGraphs...Mike Sando from ESPN comprehensively breaks down the Seahawks QB situation...Having an NBA team is crucial to international trade...Will Tony Wroten or Terrence Ross win Pac-12 Player of the Year?
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos