The Alex Morgan signed with the Seattle Sounders Women's team on Monday. She'll join Hope Solo on the the team. Matches start up this May with the team playing their home matches at Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila.
See more links after the jump!
Monday's Tweet of the Day:
- Mariners scout Frank Mattox tragically passed away at the young age of 49. Here is Jeff Sullivan's perspective from Lookout Landing.
- The city of Sacramento took a huge step in keeping the Kings. Mayor Kevin Johnson announced a preliminary arena deal agreed upon by the city, the NBA and the Maloofs. The Sacramento city council has to approve this deal to make it official, they'll vote on March 6th. Will it happen?
- Former Sonics GM Zollie Volchok passed away on Monday at the age of 95. Volchok was in charge of the Sonics when they won the 1979 NBA championship. While he delegated most of the basketball part of his job to Bill Russell and Lenny Wilkens, Volchok focued on the marketing of the team. In fact, the Sonics became one of the first NBA teams to incorporate the halftime show.
- Shawn Kemp doesn't think Blake Griffin's dunks are as powerful as his own dunks. Kemp brings up several valid points in this short video interview with Sonicsgate. Here are some Kemp dunks to help remind you of how powerful he was:
Shawn Kemp Top 10 Dunks (via 8Shorty7)
- Extras: Leroy Hill was busted for weed — again... Who will back up Brendan Ryan at shortstop?...Alameda Ta'amu's results from the NFL combine on Monday...
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @KevinCacabelos