- Can you imagine Peyton Manning in a Seattle Seahawks uniform? The thought isn't exactly crazy, but it is weird to think that the Seahawks are considered one of the early frontrunners for Manning. Obviously everything is riding on that neck injury that kept him out of the 2011 season. With this said, should the Seahawks take the risk?
See more links after the jump!
- The Washington Huskies basketball team took care of business against the Arizona Wildcats on Saturday. More importantly, Lorenzo Romar granted my wish and started Brendan Sherrer! The Huskies will travel to Pullman this weekend to take on Brock Motum and the Cougars. Ken Bone's squad came away with a 22-point smack down over ASU on Sunday. Read up on the Cougars' best win of the conference season at CougCenter.
- Gonzaga fans are pulling their hair out after the Bulldogs lost on the road at San Francisco for the third year in a row. The Saint Mary's Gaels are now two wins away from ending Gonzaga's 11-year run of West Coast Conference regular season titles. Here is the rundown from Saturday's loss courtesy of the Spokesman Review.
- Geoff Baker from the Seattle Times tells us to expect Chone Figgins to be named the Mariners' new leadoff hitter. Granted, Ichiro had a down year and may not be the best leadoff hitter in baseball, but is putting a player with a .188 batting average and a .241 on-base percentage in his place the solution? Even Chone Figgins at his prime is barely better than a struggling Ichiro. What do you think?
- That March 1 deadline in Sacramento can't come soon enough. In the meantime, a familiar debate is forming between citizens in Sacramento who want public dollars into a new NBA arena and those who don't want public dollars into a new NBA arena. Read this latest editorial in the Sacramento Bee — the comments section is interesting as well.
- Extras: Kevin Durant dropped 51 points last night, the fourth most in
Sonics/Thunder history. Here's the awkward graphic ESPN had on Sunday...Henry Abbott and Sherman Alexie talked about the Sonics' possible return in a podcast on Friday...Some fans like Casey McLain from NASORB don't think it's right to take the Kings away from Sacramento...Speaking of the Kings, Isaiah Thomas made his second career start in a row and dropped 23 points and 11 assists in a win #wordaapp!!!...Former Mariners fan-favorite Mike Cameron announced his retirement on Sunday. Remember that one time he hit four home runs in one game?
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @seatownsports.