SB Nation's latest NFL Mock Draft has the Seahawks taking DT/DE Michael Brockers out of LSU with the No. 12 overall pick. Brockers just completed his sophomore year — considering he is being considered a first round pick at such a young age tells us he must have elite level talent. Here's his official profile on LSU's athletic website.
Check out more links after the jump!
- Mason Kelley from the Seattle Times released his 4A and 3A Boys state basketball rankings on Monday. There will be plenty of entertaining and competitive high school basketball to watch Tuesday. I suggest either checking out No. 1 Rainer Beach vs. Bellevue HS at Ingraham HS or Seattle Prep vs. Franklin at Bellevue College, both games tip-off at 4:45 p.m. Here's a full schedule of Tuesday's games.
- If you want to see one of the state's top high school basketball players, head over to Franklin Pierce HS in Tacoma to see the Lincoln HS vs. Lakes HS loser-out district playoff game. Lincoln's Tre'Shaun Lexing is a 6'5" wing with offers from Gonzaga, Washington State, Santa Clara and Oregon State. Read Leftcoastrecruiting.com's interview with him here. Tuesday night's game will also feature future USC Trojan Zach Banner. The game is scheduled for an 8 p.m. tip-off.
- Staying on the basketball theme, Griffin Bennett at Montlake Madness breaks down the Pac-12 conference race. Washington obviously gives itself a good chance at the title if they win out, but the road games against UCLA and WSU will be difficult. I personally think UW will finish second in the standings and I think Cal will win the regular season title.
- Joshua Smith has been a huge disappointment for UCLA fans both in a figurative and literal sense. Bill Plaschke from the LA Times blasted the Kentwood HS product for his lack of commitment to get into shape. I remember watching Smith in high school and being underwhelmed by his effort and motor — he was just gigantic and no one could guard him — now in college, he has yet to step up his effort both on and off the court.
- Extras: Sue Bird is a finalist for the U.S. Olympic team...Taijuan Walker/Danny Hultzen/James Paxton are strutting their stuff at Spring Training for the Mariners...Shawn Kelley was too quick to be captured by ESPN's TV crew...Nathan Parsons from SeaTown Sports gives us his Top 9 Mariners Slogans...UW drops to No. 3 in ESPN's Pac-12 power rankings...Art Thiel from Sports Press NW says David Stern needs to apologize to us...Dave Krieg's Strike Beard says Kenny Easley should be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame...
Follow Kevin Cacabelos on Twitter @seatownsports