The Seattle Seahawks injury report has been released, and it is utterly and absolutely terrifying. Christian Caple of Seattlepi.com reports that cornerback Marcus Trufant has a back ailment. He sat out practice today, which is always the danger zone.
Trufant has to play to counter the Eli Manning-Hakeem Nicks connection. Brandon Browner would be pushed into primary cornerback responsibilities, and Browner probably doesn't have the coverage skills of Trufant to really challenge Nicks one-on-one. Also it would press the young Richard Sherman and Walter Thurmond into service, and neither is really ready to handle starting snaps.
Other injury updates are as follows, many courtesy of John Boyle of the Everette Herald:
- Left guard Robert Gallery still remains sidelined with his groin injury that'll keep him out of action a few more weeks.
- Wide receiver Mike Williams is out due to the concussion he suffered on Sunday. Ben Obomanu will take his place against the Giants if needed.
- Linebacker Malcolm Smith still isn't practicing due to his hamstring issues.
- Safety Kam Chancellor was limited due to his quad issues. Cornerback Byron Maxwell has ankle issues that keep him limited as well.
- Tight end Zach Miller (knee) and defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove (hamstring) were full practice participants.